It’s the middle of winter. Depending on where you live, the temperatures may be well below freezing, and you can’t remember the last time you saw your lawn. The harsh weather could be wreaking havoc on your parts and equipment, not to mention the effect it has on your work environment, and even you.
Are you using the right chemicals to help you get through winter?
Fleet and Vehicle MaintenanceTo keep your vehicles running safely in the coldest of winters, it’s important to choose chemical products formulated to withstand harsh conditions.
As you know, road salt can corrode your vehicle, so it’s important to keep it clean. Glisten Vehicle Wash Wax removes the grime, and Silicone-Free Instant Vehicle Wash Wax is great to keep on hand for touch-ups between washings. A cleaner like Micro-Coat Foaming Instant Shine is easy to use on tires, bumper covers, door seals and more.
Multi-PurposeOf course, it’s not only parts and equipment that need protection from the elements. Your work environment needs some protection, too – not just for standard maintenance, but also to keep your employees safe.
- Kim-Seal Weatherproofing Sealant protects surfaces from corrosion, UV damage and rust. You can use this for buildings, trailers, gutters, flashings, concrete, PVC and more. It’s available in clear, silver, white and black.
- Traction-Max Non-Skid Epoxy Coating adds traction to steps, ramps, walkways, loading docks, agricultural equipment and other surfaces.
- Electro-Guard Moisture & Corrosion Barrier seals, displaces moisture and protects electric motors, junction boxes, switches, relays, terminals, generators, circuit breakers, windings, ignition systems, refrigeration equipment and underground equipment.
- Rubber Max Premium Undercoat is a spray-on rubber coating that’s tough and highly flexible. You can use it for fleet and vehicle maintenance (wheel wells and bed linings), gutter and eave sealer, buried pipe, tree dressing and moisture vapor barrier.
DisinfectantsWinter also means cold and flu season, and the right disinfectants keep those nasty viruses at bay as well as inhibit the growth of mold and mildew.
- Phenomenal is a broad-spectrum aerosol disinfectant that kills numerous viruses and bacteria in addition to controlling mold and mildew.
- do-it ALL Germicidal Foaming Cleaner really does do it all. This spray-and-wipe formula disinfects, deodorizes, cleans and controls mold and mildew.
- QD-64 Germicidal Cleaner and Deodorant is a floor and wall cleaner that kills a wide variety of viruses, bacteria and fungi, in addition to deodorizing with a fresh lemon scent.
Hand CareIn addition to disinfecting your environment, you should frequently wash your hands to prevent illness.
- A foaming hand cleanser like Ideal is safe to use frequently, since it contains skin conditioners to protect your hands.
- A heavy-duty cleanser like Cherry Blast contains pumice to scrub away stubborn soils while still conditioning your skin. It comes in wipes, too, if you need a waterless option.
- A foaming hand sanitizer like Kim-Stat effectively kills germs without alcohol, so it won’t dry out your skin.
Your hands are your most important tools, so be sure to take good care of them.
- A barrier cream like Travabon protects your skin when working with solvents, oils, paint and other fluids. It reduces the chance of these substances penetrating your skin and allows you to clean your hands faster and easier afterwards.
- A 3+1 skin cream helps prevent drying and cracking, especially if your hands are subjected to extreme abuse.