You might think drill bits are a simple commodity, with one being just like any other. That’s simply not the case.
If you’ve ever had a Kimball Midwest sales representative in your shop talking cutting tools, there’s a good chance you’ve seen our Super Primalloy Drill Bits in action in an impressive way.
If you don’t know what we’re talking about, you'll see our go-to demonstration we often use to show our superior drill bits in action.
Notice how our Super Primalloy Drill Bits tear into the rounded surface of a Grade 8 cap screw without a center punch and how cool the bit runs, improving safety and extending service life.
We then enter the “don’t try this at home” portion of the demonstration, abusing the drill bit by using it to expand the hole – something you should use a reamer or step reamer for, not a drill bit.
Then we take it even further and conclude by using the bit to cut sideways through the tough, Grade 8 steel of the cap screw, proving that the bit still has cutting power even after being misused.
This powerful demonstration is designed to show the great cutting power of the Super Primalloy Drill Bits and highlight their key features, including:
- Construction from premium M series high-speed steel that includes a combination of tungsten and molybdenum.
- A 135-degree split-point design, which is self-centering and self-starting. There’s no need for a center punch.
- A high heat resistance, which leads to a longer life and prevents damaging chip welding.
- Maintenance length, which is 15 percent shorter to offer more rigidity, reduced drill breakage and greater drilling control.
- Three flats on the shank (for sizes 3/16” and larger) to avoid spinning in the chuck and drill breakage.
- Nitro-carburized cutting edges and an expanded web design for superior wear reduction and long service life.
- Made in the USA with guaranteed quality and traceability.
We know how important quality is to you, so when you see KM stamped on our products you know you are getting the best. To take a virtual tour of the plant and see how the Super Primalloy bits get made, check out the video below.
Super Primalloy Drill Bits are available in sizes from 1/16” to ½” by 64ths, with 1/8”, 3/16”, ¼” and 5/16” being the most popular sizes. Super Primalloy ½” Shank Drill Bits are available in diameters up to 1-½”.